AUCKLAND DA Workshop: Digital Accessibility for Designers
June 10 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm$300
$300+gst Professional | $200+gst Design Assembly Friend | $50+gst Student
(Not a DA Friend? Details on how to sign up can be found here).
Ensuring the accessibility of your digital products can feel daunting, especially when you’re already faced with budget constraints, pressure to deliver faster and unknown technical dependencies. But with strategic planning and a deeper understanding of accessibility, not only will your products and UX be better, but accessibility will exist as an integral part of your process.
This workshop will help you
- Explain who benefits from accessible design and how
- Understand why it matters from a legal, moral and business point of view
- Understand and identify ten top accessibility issues
- Apply the basic principles of accessibility
- Find resources to help build your knowledge
- Build the business case to prioritise accessibility efforts
Who is the workshop for?
- Digital Designers
- UX Designers
- Product Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Producers & decision makers
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Chandra is the Managing Director of a digital accessibility consultancy that works across NZ. She has 20+ years’ experience in UX, usability and accessibility in NZ working for a variety of government agencies, financial institutions, and NGOs; the US working for Siemens; and the UK working for the likes of Qualcomm, Vodafone and the BBC. Chandra returned home to NZ six years ago bringing a passion for helping people understand and implement digital accessibility and usability. Access Advisors’ mission is to support businesses to incorporate accessibility awareness throughout discovery, design, development and delivery.