The benefits of using providers from the Market Place include reduced:
- Cost and duration of web service development by simplifying requirements gathering, speeding up procurement and reducing the time spent on development.
- Website management costs across government by using economies of scale and reducing doubling up on compliance costs.
- Legal costs in establishing contracts. The Market Place procurement uses Statements of Work.
- Effort to comply with the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment’s Mandatory Rules for Procurement by Departments.
- Wasted investment by encouraging agencies to reuse and share technology and designs already developed by other agencies.